Should have thought of this sooner. Take a 32 horn with 414 woofer stack them horizontally and voila. That's what Nexo did .
Should have thought of this sooner. Take a 32 horn with 414 woofer stack them horizontally and voila. That's what Nexo did .

Your heart is in the right place. But a line array is much more complicated than that.
And you would wind up with something that would only be good for moderate level playback. I did live audio for 4 decades. The box you suggest would not be usable at all for live, other than perhaps a play.
Frankly, the line array market is overpopulated with moderately useful items. An Altec line array would be the last thing I would want to see.
Were I trying to re-establish the Altec name i would concentrate on boutique products. Line arrays have become commodities, read that as mass produced lower profit items. Sounds like a recipe for a third Altec bankruptcy.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
IMO, it's really sad that the true innovation in good line arrays gets very little publicity or demonstration.
I am of course talking about the associated electronics and software(DSP in most cases) used to manage good line array speaker systems.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.

Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Nexo GEO M-10
10 inch woofer, 1.4 inch HF.
![]()
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
That's the general idea.
No more fooling around .For me it's Danley Genesis. It proved itself in 2006 with Procol Harum - Live at Ledreborg Castle and 90 piece orchestra and choir all mike with neumann mics.
The FOH engineer couldn't believe is ears.
The system was provided by the Danish broadcast TV and National Orchestra.
Last edited by LICORNE; January 14th, 2018 at 03:39 PM.

We were running a V-DOSC array just before I retired. It worked well.
I still do not believe line arrays are the ultimate loudspeaker. Something else will come along. The line array hasn't dominated audio nearly as long as the multicell did. It too will fade, just like the multicell.
There is still a good case to be made for arrays of cabinets, but they take much longer to set up. I think that alone accounts for the line array's dominance. Setup time is half or even less that of a good cabinet array.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Innovation.
Danley.
Jericho.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Bookmarks